Monday, October 27, 2008

Woman Stoned to Death in Somalia

A woman in Somalia pleaded guilty to adultery and received the death penalty. After being buried to her neck, she was pelted with rocks until she died.

It is easy to forget how different the rest of the world is, and how far they have to come, when sitting in the comfort of your home in the United States.

I feel lucky to know that soon I will be graduating and able to go out and figure out what I want to do with my life, where I want to go, and what job I have with out worry about pre-conditions or laws prohibiting me from living my life. I think it's important to remember the simple liberties that we have as young Americans. Seeing something this drastic happening to another woman somewhere in the world only makes it that much easier.

No comments: