- Wear reflectors somewhere on your body whether you are running at night or during the day
- Wear many layers of light weight fleece so you can gradually take it off as you warm up while running
- Try to run with a friend, its the safest way
- Running up hills burns more calories than on a flat surface--but do not just run uphills always because it is hard on the joints--mix it up with hills and flat land
- STAY HYDRATED!
- Trying to run backwards--it helps your knees and burns more calories--it also helps with coordination and balance
If you want more detailed information and quotes from the experts, go to http://www.metro.co.uk/lifestyle/article.html?Running_tips_over_winter&in_article_id=388362&in_page_id=194
WINTER DOESN'T MEAN LAZINESS!!!